Bio

Debuting her highly anticipated freshman project, Frankie Parker is excited about her new-found reception as one of Chicago’s premier R&B singers/songwriters. With such songs as, “Divine Destiny”, “Divorce Party”, and “Hot Pot of Grits”, Frankie Parker combines vulnerability, life lessons, and most importantly love to create “Breezy”. Her currently released single, “Peace, Love, and Wine” was rotated on Chicago’s WVAZ 102.7 FM radio station and has received rave accolades. “This is a hit- an ultimate steppers’ cut”, says V103’s DJ Eric E.T. Taylor. Frankie Parker’s mature lyrics and derivatively vintage voice serves as a promising concoction for a music career full of success and longevity.

“Breezy” is a melodic diary that depicts the emotional changes one faces when dealing with marriage and its challenges. She combines her love for the old school R&B, hip-hop, and spoken word to create a fresh, yet familiar sound. Frankie Parker patterns this musically, semi-biographical journey after one of her favorite albums, entitled, “Here My Dear”, written by Marvin Gaye. “I consider my album to be the long-awaited response to “Hear My Dear”. Maybe when people listen to my project, it will prompt them to take a listen to what I consider as Marvin’s ‘hidden gem’”. Writing nine out of the ten songs on the “Breezy” project, Frankie paints vivid pictures, giving the listener an opportunity to envision themselves as the various characters written in each song. “Hot Pot of Grits”, has brought smiles to women and fear to men. After listening to “Grits”, DJ Neva from New Jersey City, New Jersey stated that “Grits” has, “Actual lyrics that actually have significance. Thank you.” DJ Chuckfresh from Des Moines, Iowa described the single as “smooth and also funny”. “Hot Pot of Grits” was voted as the 2010 number one single for independent artists on the “Marvell Gable Radio Show”. “Breezy” is scheduled to be released during the first quarter of 2012.

Although Frankie Parker is a talented songwriter, she has a natural niche for captivating her audience through her stage performances. Since the age of 4, she has been performing in front of a crowd. She’s performed at the House of Blues, The Grand Ole’ Opry, Close Up II, Northern Illinois University, The Green Dolphin, Little Black Pearl and many other Chicagoland venues. She’s opened for Montel Jordan, Shai, rapper Sweet Juices, the Stellar Awards, and others. In 2011, she took first prize at the Femme Fatale M.C. Music Competition. She creates an experience that allows the viewer to feel every note she sings. “Her show was awesome. She did her [thing] [for sure]…I’m feelin’ this joint”, says Philadelphia’s own DJ Russ.

Frankie Parker’s musical odyssey began at an early age. According to her parents, as a toddler, she taught herself how to change the albums on the turntable. At 5, she recorded her first album with a local community choir. After being involved with the school chorus, band, and several community choirs, she decided to pursue a degree in vocal performance at Columbia College- Chicago. Although she has yet to complete her education, she has applied all that she’s learned to her craft. Frankie has also trained at A&A Music Academy, studying vocal performance there, as well.

Frankie Parker is expected to have a large impact on the urban music scene in Chicago, and eventually the world. She is dedicated to perfecting her craft and continuing to write songs with substance and soul. When asked where she sees herself in five years, she confidently says, “I see myself on tour, with my band, and creating music for myself and others…You know, living the good life!”







Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012...No "Resolutions"....Business As Usual

2011 is almost over, and the New Year will be welcomed in a few days. Many of us have already began the process of setting goals for 2012. Some of us use the terminology "resolution" to describe these set goals. However, I believe that "resolution" is a bit of a curse because when it becomes as such, we become too intimidated to follow through. I stopped that practice a long time ago. The list would start out long and would include dreams that I knew were intangible. The list would reduce itself to 1-2 thoughts that were mistakenly accomplished, so I just ceased at creating the lists. I found myself feeling guilty and ashamed for not completing these "resolutions". Now, I simply call these manifested ideas "goals". Yes, terminology matters. I feel like that term "goal" makes things more realistic and obtainable and not just a fantastic array of 'sugar plum fairy tales'. So, here's my list of goals.

The first goal that I have set is something that I've been working on for a while- weight loss. Cliche right? I lost 45 pounds last year, and I intend to lose another 50 before 2012 comes to an end. I am doing this for my well-being, as well as my business venture. I want to feel good on stage and comfortable in anything that I wear. I would also like to prove to myself that I have enough discipline within to not concede to diet pills and strict plans that result in starvation. I want to have some serious guns and a flat stomach. This can be accomplished by vigorous workouts and healthy eating habits. I can do this!

The second goal is to gain enough musical success that I am able to REALLY quit corporate. I got my song on the radio and performed a little bit of everywhere this year, but I'm just beginning to reap from all the hard work. I consider this to be an easy goal because "Breezy" drops in the first quarter of 2012, and I expect nothing but great things from it. Royalties are already stacking, and the album hasn't dropped yet! I want to have enough work that I won't have to touch royalties and still draw in enough revenue to pay bills. Along with promoting the album, I will take vocal lessons again and continue writing. I might even get into the hook writing business for hip-hop artists. I find myself in that position these days, so that avenue might be lucrative.

Lastly, but most importantly, I want to "get my happy back" (shout-out to NeNe Leakes!). 2011 was a very trying year, and I refuse to carry a dark cloud into the new year. I want to stop neglecting my needs. I want to get pedicures again. I want to network three times a week without the feeling of shame overshadowing my pursuit. I want to be FREE! Everyone deserves to have a smile on their face every once and a while; I want that smile everyday!

My desires are simple and to the point. I haven't challenged myself to anything that is impossible to achieve. I haven't wished upon a star to ensure that my dreams will come true. I know that in order to obtain the goals that I've set before myself, I must remain committed, true to self, and focused. Y'all, I GOT THIS! If you have the same caliber of goals, you can do it too! Happy New Year Everyone! God bless you in your new endeavors, and always remember to keep God as the constant in whatever you do! You can be nothing but successful when you allow HIM to be your third eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment