Bio

Debuting her highly anticipated freshman project, Frankie Parker is excited about her new-found reception as one of Chicago’s premier R&B singers/songwriters. With such songs as, “Divine Destiny”, “Divorce Party”, and “Hot Pot of Grits”, Frankie Parker combines vulnerability, life lessons, and most importantly love to create “Breezy”. Her currently released single, “Peace, Love, and Wine” was rotated on Chicago’s WVAZ 102.7 FM radio station and has received rave accolades. “This is a hit- an ultimate steppers’ cut”, says V103’s DJ Eric E.T. Taylor. Frankie Parker’s mature lyrics and derivatively vintage voice serves as a promising concoction for a music career full of success and longevity.

“Breezy” is a melodic diary that depicts the emotional changes one faces when dealing with marriage and its challenges. She combines her love for the old school R&B, hip-hop, and spoken word to create a fresh, yet familiar sound. Frankie Parker patterns this musically, semi-biographical journey after one of her favorite albums, entitled, “Here My Dear”, written by Marvin Gaye. “I consider my album to be the long-awaited response to “Hear My Dear”. Maybe when people listen to my project, it will prompt them to take a listen to what I consider as Marvin’s ‘hidden gem’”. Writing nine out of the ten songs on the “Breezy” project, Frankie paints vivid pictures, giving the listener an opportunity to envision themselves as the various characters written in each song. “Hot Pot of Grits”, has brought smiles to women and fear to men. After listening to “Grits”, DJ Neva from New Jersey City, New Jersey stated that “Grits” has, “Actual lyrics that actually have significance. Thank you.” DJ Chuckfresh from Des Moines, Iowa described the single as “smooth and also funny”. “Hot Pot of Grits” was voted as the 2010 number one single for independent artists on the “Marvell Gable Radio Show”. “Breezy” is scheduled to be released during the first quarter of 2012.

Although Frankie Parker is a talented songwriter, she has a natural niche for captivating her audience through her stage performances. Since the age of 4, she has been performing in front of a crowd. She’s performed at the House of Blues, The Grand Ole’ Opry, Close Up II, Northern Illinois University, The Green Dolphin, Little Black Pearl and many other Chicagoland venues. She’s opened for Montel Jordan, Shai, rapper Sweet Juices, the Stellar Awards, and others. In 2011, she took first prize at the Femme Fatale M.C. Music Competition. She creates an experience that allows the viewer to feel every note she sings. “Her show was awesome. She did her [thing] [for sure]…I’m feelin’ this joint”, says Philadelphia’s own DJ Russ.

Frankie Parker’s musical odyssey began at an early age. According to her parents, as a toddler, she taught herself how to change the albums on the turntable. At 5, she recorded her first album with a local community choir. After being involved with the school chorus, band, and several community choirs, she decided to pursue a degree in vocal performance at Columbia College- Chicago. Although she has yet to complete her education, she has applied all that she’s learned to her craft. Frankie has also trained at A&A Music Academy, studying vocal performance there, as well.

Frankie Parker is expected to have a large impact on the urban music scene in Chicago, and eventually the world. She is dedicated to perfecting her craft and continuing to write songs with substance and soul. When asked where she sees herself in five years, she confidently says, “I see myself on tour, with my band, and creating music for myself and others…You know, living the good life!”







Wednesday, December 21, 2011

L.I.G. ALREADY!

Recently, I completed the last song for my "Breezy" album. Knowing that the last song had to be written quickly, I wanted to make sure that the deadline didn't create a sense of haste that would be detected in its sound or lyrics. As I sat with the pen and pad (went back to the old school style of brainstorming for this one), I questioned what was missing from my project. I decided that I needed a song that spoke to the bitter/ hurt woman from a positive perspective. This thinking led to the creation of, "Let It Go". I think I made a mark with this one.

I always find myself in a place where I'm dishing out relationship advice. I don't consider myself an expert at all, but I do feel that God has allowed me to experience and see things that I can use as precautionary tools for my loved ones. Many of my female friends have posed the question, "What do I do now?", and I quickly reply with, "Nothing!" Most of the time, they expect me to answer with some vindictive plan, but that's not my nature. Revenge never works (been there) Although I do have a bit of a temper, I believe that when dealing with men, sometimes the best approach is to do/say nothing and keep it moving. Instead, we find ourselves 'stalking' men for answers. Before you know it, innocent bystanders become involved, and you wind up in a mess of chaos.

To prevent this situation from happening, I would like to share some steps in letting go. First, stop all communication with the man. Unless you have children with him, there is no reason to speak to him after he's hurt you and been dismissed.Cutting off the communication will make him see that you mean business. Secondly, keep a distance from his friends. Good friends are loyal friends, and whether or not the guy was to blame, his friends will take his side regardless if you consider them to be mutual friends. Yes, they may have the power to speak to him about his relationship and reach him in ways that you can't, but that has to be done without your assistance. THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS! Third, and most important, don't have sex with him after the break-up. Women, we are emotional creatures. If you have sex with him, you will naturally resurface those feelings you've had for him. It also causes of a lot of confusion that may have you questioning yourself about ending the relationship. In essence, there's nothing wrong with second-guessing, but you can second-guess yourself into a cycle of make-ups and break-ups. Last, but not least, keep some of your business to yourself. Sometimes, involving friends can make you question how you've handled the break-up. Girlfriends may have good intentions, but they can make matters worse by forcing you to rehash old drama; the masking term for this action is "venting". When you say that you've left it alone, LEAVE IT ALONE. Discuss the drama when you know that you are over it completely.

If you follow these rules, you will have no problems saying, "On to the next!". The process is much harder than the discussion, but if you keep in mind your self-worth and happiness, you will find yourself moving on before you know it!Letting go is a good way to ensure that you're not going to carry any of your old madness into your new relationship. It is never fair to make the new man suffer because of the unfinished business you have with the ex. Do yourself a favor,and move on with a clear mind and heart. LET IT GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment